Nottingham Trent University undertook an extensive business analysis process and identified the diverse set of requirements needed for a placement solution to meet the whole of university needs.
InPlace was unique. While essentially an off the shelf solution, it offered us a toolkit and framework to develop a system to meet the exacting requirements of the wide-ranging placement provision. In an ever-changing landscape, the ability to adapt and develop the system as the needs of the business change was a big incentive.
This single University solution is delivering key benefits such as:
- more effective business relationship management;
- accurate management intelligence and reporting;
- data integrity and transparency;
- single portal and branding for students.
Key features, delivering immediate business improvements, include:
- tracking of student applications to enhance recruitment success;
- time efficiencies particularly in sourcing and matching functionality;
- DCT tool allowing for easy data migration;
- managing user permission, allowing us to scope in a wider range of users.
Despite going live mid-way through an academic year, the feedback from students has been excellent. Particularly the intuitive nature of its navigation.
We were able to transition business users in a matter of weeks and continue to work with users, InPlace and other universities to build user guides and best practice protocols.
QuantumIT has developed a collaborative and supportive approach of working with NTU which has been fundamental to our success in early-stage deployment. We look forward to continuing and growing our relationship with them.
Nottingham Trent University presented a case study on the InPlace at the WACE (World Advancement of Cooperative Education) International Conference in 2017, if you would like to see a copy please get in touch!
- The first UK Further Education institute joins InPlace to fulfill student work experience
- We’ve improved clinical placement management for South Australian and Victorian Placeright users
- Locate placement students anywhere with the new Student Whereabouts Map!
- The University of Dundee choose InPlace to manage student work placements
- Academic Partnerships select InPlace as NKU’s clinical placement software provider